Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Choose Joy

"You will keep him in perfect peace,
  Whose mind is stayed on You,
  Because he trusts in You.

  Trust in the Lord forever,
  For in YAH, the Lord, is
  everlasting strength.
                 Isaiah 26:3-4


  I woke up this morning with these Scriptures on my mind. As I recited them
  I was reminded of when my Dad would say, "I wish there was a switch on
  the side of my head that I could just turn to off so I wouldn't have to think!"

  I can relate completely to what Dad was talking about. I wish I woke up each
  morning with the joy of the Lord on my mind. I wish my first thought was
  always that He has everything under control for my life if I will just abide in
  Him, letting Him have His perfect will. I do not. I wake up thinking of challenges
  I am facing, concerns that I have with no answers. The "what if's and whys" in
  my life that seem to demand an answer. Ever been there?

  I heard a sermon by Charles Swindoll on Sunday about Abraham and Isaac.
  You know the story - Abraham was going to take Isaac to Mt. Moriah to
   offer him as a sacrifice.  Why? Total obedience to God!

      Genesis 22:7-8 tells us:
       " Isaac spoke to Abraham his father and said "My father!" And he
         he said, "Here I am, my son." Then he said, "Look, the fire and the
         wood but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?"

        And Abraham said "My son, God will provide for Himself the lamb for
        a burnt offering." So the two of them went together.

  Charles Swindoll left his listeners with the three words that made it possible
  for Abraham to do the unthinkable. Do you see them? Can you tell where
  Abraham's faith came from? It is in those three words "God will provide!"
  That is where Abraham walked. That is where he lived moment by moment,
  day by day. He knew in his heart, and walked in faith, with the Truth that
  no matter what "God will provide." How I want to be an Abraham!! Don't
  you?

  So how do we get there? Once again the Lord doesn't keep us guessing,
  trying to figure out on our own how to walk in the faith that Abraham walked
  in. He gives us an answer! It is right there in the Scriptures of Isaiah 26:3-4.

   Let's take it apart with the three questions:

   What does it say?            You will keep him in perfect peace
                                           Whose mind is stayed on You,
                                           Because he trusts in You.

                                           Trust in the Lord forever,
                                           For in YAH, the Lord, is
                                           everlasting strength.


     What does it mean?       Christ will keep me in perfect peace when my
                                            mind is on Him, because I trust in Him.

                                            I am suppose to trust in the Lord forever,
                                            for He is where my strength comes from.


     What does this mean       I will think about what I am thinking about!!
     to me personally?            When my thoughts run to worry, concerns,
                                            and unanswered questions I will trust in HIM.
                                            I will remember the words Abraham's spoke to Isaac:
                                                               "God will provide."
                                            And in faith I will walk in the joy of the Lord!

     Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever!!
                                                                             Hebrews 13:9

    What are your worries, concerns, and unanswered questions? We all have
    them. Will you believe with me, like Abraham believed, God will provide,
    no matter how impossible it might seem? Christ died on the cross that we
    would be complete in Him, who is head of all principality and power.
                                                                                        Col. 2:9
    Together let's choose joy!  We can because we know that we know,
                        God will provide! 
 
    Thank you, Lord!! You are so faithful to me!!
    Help me be as faithful to You, I pray,
    And walk in the Truth that "God will provide!"
    As I choose to walk in Joy!
 
                                   
                                         
                                   
 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you, Cyndy, for sharing your heart on these words of truth and encouragement from God's Word. I SO needed to hear that word "God will provide". In fact I needed it to hear it last night too, and as I was driving home from work toward the last bit of my commute I turned on the radio and Pastor David Jeremiah was preaching on giving and trusting God, and He clearly spoke those same words - "God will provide". I SO need to cling to Him with all of my heart and know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will indeed provide.

    I know exactly what you mean about so many unanswered questions in my life, but my heart needs to rest in that promise of God's provision as I continue to trust Him and walk with Him and seek Him daily.

    I so appreciate your thoughts, Cyndy! I am so glad I suggested this blog idea to you! You are so great at sharing your thoughts and your heart and it is such a blessing to be encouraged by what you share.

    May God richly bless you, Cyndy, as you trust in Him. I am looking forward to the Winter Bible Study.

    Love,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndy,

    I POSTED!!!!! And me too needed to hear those words "God will provide" you have no idea girlfriend. Miss you and see you in 6 weeks can't wait for the next blog!!!

    Love ya,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your faith filled words and thoughts are so encouraging Cyndy. I thank God that He works so marvelously through you to convey to me the words that I so often need spoken to me.
    God knows alone the outcome of each decision that we make daily. Therefore, only God can be trusted to guide our daily steps as we seek to follow Him.
    Only He knows how to get us to where He wants to take us. We have to allow Him to lead us!

    Jeremiah 29:11
    "I know the thoughts that I think toward you, "says the Lord, "thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope."

    Father, I am so thankful that You are interested in my day to day living. I want to invite you to guide me in every decision and get me to where You want to take me.

    Peace in an abiding love for Christ,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!

    Let's see... God keeps believers in perfect peace when we focus on Him - His abilities & concerns - and trust Him with our life/circumstances/family.

    He tells me to trust him forever. It is in trusting Him that I gain strength.

    So what does this mean to me personally? I must focus on Him. Truly believe He is able to handle my life, my family and the circumstances that surround me. I must believe He cares about all this and is working all things out for His good and His purpose.

    When I believe and trust I find strength to believe and trust more and more. Then I want to worship Him with my life and I live in peace, no fretting and stewing, no worries. He's got me! Don't you just love Him? He's got it covered, I can obey Him, move forward. He's got stuff for me to do today, can't worry about yesterday or tomorrow. Today I'm going to be a blessing to someone and shine Jesus all over them!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment. There have been some problems in leaving comments. To leave a comment, choose the Anonymous profile (Comment as:) Please sign your name and country.