Monday, June 27, 2016

                                         Our Strength

                                                           Isaiah 30:15
                                    In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.

Sometimes we receive phone calls we wish had never come. I received that phone call yesterday. While at the Children's Museum with my six year old grandson, my phone rang and it was my doctor telling me my biopsy had come back positive. I have breast cancer. 

As I've had time to process this, I realize this did not catch God by surprise, nor is it too hard for Him. God is still on His throne. What Satan is trying to do for evil, I know God will turn for my good and His glory. 

Because of this, I want to share with you what the Lord showed me during my quiet time this morning. I've been reading 1 Samuel and this morning I was in chapter 17 when David went before the giant, Goliath. While the entire army of Israel ran from Goliath, David said to them;

                        "For who is this uncircumcised Philistine, that he should 
                          defy the armies of the living God?"                     __1 Samuel 17:16

As I read this, I could hear God asking me; 
                        "Cyndy, what is cancer that it should defy Me?" 

This is not just for me. It is for every believer. So let me ask you;
                     "What is your impossible situation that it can defy the living God?"

Is it finances, relationships, illness, you fill in the blank. I'm sure you know exactly what the giant is in your life. Should it defy the Living God?

                     "For with God nothing will be impossible."             __Luke 1:37
                               
Next I read in my devotional reading for today;
       
                       For thus says the LORD GOD, the Holy One of Israel:
                       In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.    
                                                                                                       __Isaiah 30:15

Through this cancer I want to walk in confidence that I might have His strength. I trust God to fight this Goliath in my life. And I know He wins!

                       Fear not, for I am with you;
                       Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
                       I will strengthen you, Yes I will help you,
                       I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.          __Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

Please feel free to leave a comment. There have been some problems in leaving comments. To leave a comment, choose the Anonymous profile (Comment as:) Please sign your name and country.